Pages

20100327

Yo, where the nuns at?


One wonders - I wonder - where the nuns are during this terrible child rape scandal within the Catholic Church that I would assume has gone on for generations if not for centuries (shudder to think of all the lives twisted within this foul network of perversion and denial). I would hope they are horrified, but have they tried to stop it? Report offending priests? Protect the children in any way? Probably, but given the towering patriarchy of the Church, it is likely any isolated resistance was easily dismissed or crushed. For a glimmer into the patriarchal, Catholic mind, consider this quote from Democratic Congressman Bart Stupak, member of the DC based "The Family":

"When I’m drafting right-to-life language, I don’t call up the nuns," Stupak told Fox News. Instead he said he consulted "leading bishops, Focus on the Family, and the National Right to Life Committee." 
 Got it? Rightwing political Catholic groups set the policy, nuns can go take a leap.


Anyways, I could never support any major religion, but! If one were to emerge from a nun rebellion, I might be able to lend it tacit support. At the most.

Also:

No comments: