Pages

20121118

Big Ben Kids


Look! I went to London and saw Big Ben and took a picture of this crazy guy ranting on the corner. Though in sooth I agreed with all his signs and had a pleasant talk with him -  he was absolutely correct in most of his opinions, I found, and incredibly committed to them. He wasn't really ranting either. Another difference between America and England - English nutters are well versed, polite, and correct. I generalize based on a single experience, of course. I must confess I grudgingly admire anyone who would stand on the street with a sign, telling the world their opinion. It takes energy! Far easier to sit on the couch and mutter under one's breath. And so we all agree to make fun of guys like this, when in fact, he's a hero, and all the hate stems from shame.
Ain't it the truth?

No comments: