Pages

20101108

Shades of Vader






From some art project, somewhere, in the recent past. Artists are credited in the file name. I really should keep better track of this - it's nagging at me. There were many more examples, but I felt these to be best.

For the record, unless I specifically state a photo or photoshop or art work is from my own hand, it's someone else's work. Most of the photos on this site are someone else's work. Proper credit is impossible to give sometimes, but not all the time. But I will strive to do better in the future. 

It's a thorny issue. On the one hand, I don't intend to sell or make any money off these creations; on the other hand, the artists/creators should always get credit for what they do, regardless of use. The Internet makes it difficult. I would recommend any artist "watermarks" anything they put on the internet.

Regardless, this project is a good example of Art in the Internet Age - to wit: Take a meme, give the basic outlines to a group of individuals who are working individually but with knowledge of the others, and see what results.

The true genius of art on the internet is the Dialectic, of course - one idea spawning another, which spawns another, which is modified by someone else to spawn another.... it's evolution in an almost pure form.

The Internet might be the best environment ever created for the meme. And it's only going to get better and better.

No comments: