Pages

20100416

Dialectic

I have gotten somewhat discouraged from time to time with recent events - specifically, the unrelenting opposition to Obama from segments of the American population. But that's natural, and I'm betting on Obama to come out on top - and thus America, and thus the world. Those are the stakes.

But I had forgotten a simple step to get over this occasional discouragement: Bush/Cheney are gone. Thank FSM!

I never really had anything personal against Bush - he's a frat boy Prince, and if he hadn't succeeded upwards to the highest level despite himself, would have been just another member of America's royalty that does just about nothing - I've known many of these people and while I'm not a fan, they're mostly harmless too.

But it really wasn't Bush who was the main problem. It was Cheney, and I think we've seen clear proof of that based on the behaviors of each since 1/20/09. Regardless, they're gone, and now we have one of the greatest Presidents of all time in the office, instead of this:
That's our Bush!

No comments: