Pages

20100427

Awwww bait

One serving of Awww, comin' up!


Ironically, Dad here probably just got done munching down on a bunch of other cute lion cubs - that's just how male lions roll.

It is interesting to me, in a dark way I suppose, the prevalence of violence in our world, and specifically genetic based violence. When the male lion comes in and kills 3 babies just because they were fathered by another male, he's not necessarily helping his tribe or the population at all - what he's doing, or more specifically, what his genes are getting him to do, is wipe out the competition. That's it, and that's pretty central: 

Gene v. gene, and we're just the vehicles and/or the weapons.

2 comments:

3hree said...

reminds me of something i read yesterday
http://newyork.craigslist.org/forums/?SQ=elephant+zoo&act=RSR&searchAID=&forumID=1257

Redshirt said...

Haha! I was fooled there for a bit, so the punchline got me good. Inverse AWWWWW!