Pages

20100421

Blow'd up

Oh noes! Jack got blow'd up real good. I'm a bit concerned, honestly, that he has indeed somehow been infected now. There has been an internet theory all season regarding Claire - that in the Commando attack on New Otherton back in Season 4, that she did indeed die when her house blew up, and then Smokey resurrected her, ala Sayid, but slightly different (no pool). So, if that theory is correct, then last night we saw something very similar, with the added bonus of Flocke telling Jack "You're with me now". 

It's clear Smokey has some powers over the dead, or at least access to their forms and memories once they die; he might also be able to infect dead bodies and make them come back to life - again, ala Sayid. If that's what really happened to Sayid - I have some hope for him, as I don't think he killed Desmond last night, and he seems to have somewhat snapped out of his zombie funk, since he appeared to be lying to Flocke.

But, if Jack's not dead, then it seems pretty clear he's the new Jacob - he doesn't want to leave the island. And frankly, I don't blame him. I'd never leave either. 

Check out Flocke in the background of this pic - as you see, the rockets don't seem to have much effect on him. 

And Smokey as Christian? Sure, he claimed it, and even revealed a bit of inside info. And we've not seen Christian this year. But I still am not 100% convinced - clearly, Smokey lies when it suits his purposes; clearly there are things going on on the island he has no control over (the kid, for example), so I'm still holding out some small hope that Christian is not Smokey. We'll see.

And this is almost it, kids, in fact, I think all the rest of the episodes can be considered the final chapter of the story. There's no new Lost next week (!!!), and then we're in May and the show's almost done. I will have to re-evaluate my entire life at that time. But that's for then.

For now? End Game is on. Brilliant plan by Sawyer, except maybe for the needling of Jack to get off his boat. Seemed a tad excessive.

And is there any saving Claire? I hope so - I've been unexpectedly drawn to Kate in her attempts to save Claire. Go Kate!

No comments: