Pages

20090424

What Obama means to me, in pictures

So, the arbitrary deadline of 100 days is soon to come and go, and I have to say I am 100% satisfied with Obama's performance so far. But in a nutshell, his effect has yet to be fully understood -- we saw this effect in London during the G20, in France and Turkey, and in his recent trip to the Summit in Latin America. To wit: He heals. Most people feel it (some small percentage of people are rabidly against this feeling, but it's fair to say they are either evil and/or stupid).

As a project, pay attention to images of race in our popular culture. I've long since noticed a great increase in the amount of African Americans on news programs, and I would expect this to grow. But that's somewhat superficial. The real change is illustrated in the picture above.

May Peace be upon all of us.

No comments: