Pages

20090429

Republican Jesus

Let me be clear: I am a member of no party, and I cannot imagine I ever will be. With that said, I am thrilled to watch the real-time disintegration of the Repuglican party into a regional, new-Confederate religious party. Could not happen to a better bunch of hypocrites.

I don't know how Specter will play ball, but I think it's in his interest to play with the Dem team. So, for the rest of the year and into the next, the Democrats in both houses don't need to seriously consult the Republicans on legislative matters -- and why should they, when it is abundantly clear the Repuglicans do not act out of sincerity, but rather always in a partisan game of "gotchya".

So, until they get their act together (not happening in the near future), screw 'em.

No comments: