Pages

20091116

The Church of 4th and Inches


You're this close to Salvation; are you going to go for it?



Funny note! I tried to start an internet meme way back in 1998 with "The Church of 4th and Inches". I composed a fake funny religion and wrote it up in a concise email. I then got about 300-400 email addresses from various "sources (Thanks!)", and sent out the missive. To little effect. In fact, of the handful of responses I got, this was by far the most common response: "Who are you? How did you get my email address? How dare you email me if I don't know you! Don't ever do it again.", which, fair enough. But hilarious, given the soon to come wave of Spam that would drown everyone.


Anyways, if you're interested in joining the Church of 4th and Inches, enquire within.

2 comments:

l.e.s.ter said...

Did you learn nothing from Sunday night? PUNT THE BALL!

Redshirt said...

I did not. Even in retrospect I believe going for it was the right call. The pat's d wasn't going to stop Manning, so why not try and win it with the offense and get 2 yards?